We will select 15 young people to be part of the new Youth Panel cohort.
Members of the Barbican Youth Panel will meet once a month for a year to share their views on the arts programming and ethos of the organisation, working with departments ranging from Music and Theatre, to Marketing and Human Resources.
They will have the opportunity to get involved with the development of the Young Barbican programme, as well as gaining experience of teamwork, project management and leadership. There will be mentoring opportunities available, free tickets to some Barbican events, and travel expenses within London will be provided.
The role of a Barbican Youth Panel member is to:
- Be youth advisors to the Barbican Centre.
- Support our vision of ‘arts without boundaries’ to help open up the Barbican to even more young people.
- Give your views on our arts programming and the ethos of the organisation.
- Liaise with decision-makers within the Barbican.
- Work with different Barbican departments ranging from our art form teams (music, theatre and dance, visual art, film) to marketing, human resources and audience experience to help shape how the Barbican’s future.
- Represent the Barbican Youth Panel at events.
- Commit to a minimum of one year as a Youth Panel member.
From data breaches, US presidents and corruption to the power of language to make change, read and watch all twelve of our Young Poet's evocative and impactful poems from the Subject to Change series.